Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Blogoversary: Interview with Jennifer Snyder


Book Addicts!

Today we have another author that her books left me with a big goofy smile after reading them. She's the author of the Coldcreek Novels among other books and her love stories go through a lot of problems, tough problems. And though this might make the reader sad, she writes it so well that is something to learn from. She's Jennifer Snyder and she's an amazing author.

We have an interview to share with you and if you haven't heard about her or her books now is the time! You can win one of her books, winner's choice! So what are you waiting for? Time to have fun!



Release Date: June 3rd 2014
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg

Synopsis:
Outspoken and flirtatious, Lauren Myers is more than most guys can handle. Even so, a disastrous trip to her boyfriend’s hometown in Greece leaves her reeling, forcing her to reevaluate her views on men and relationships all together.
Level-headed and reserved, Ian Mason is perfectly content with his life the way that it is—until a phone call from his mother flips his life upside down. Suddenly, everything changes and he’s forced to hold the weight of the family business all on his own.
After a chance meeting draws them together, the two will learn love often finds those who aren’t necessarily looking, and that there are moments in life that hold within them all the power to wreck you.





Hi Jennifer! We are really happy to have you in our blogoversary event. I love your books, specially the Coldcreek novels and it’s an honor to have you in my site to celebrate my first blog-anniversary.


A dash of romance, with a hint of heartbreak. 



Wreck You is Lauren’s story. If you’ve read Break You or Control You then you know Lauren as fun and flirty person. She’s really outspoken and adventurous. 

Ian Mason is her love interest in the novel. He’s a good guy. There’s nothing bad boy about him. I truly wanted to just write about a decent, stand-up guy for once.

As for the story, this is one about overcoming life’s many mishaps and hardships which often make us feel completely wrecked. It’s not all heartbreak and turmoil though, there was a lot more comedy added into this one! 


I don’t write while listening to music. I used to, once upon a time, but when both of my children became old enough to attend school I learned quickly how much I valued silence. I do have some songs that I’ll listen to on repeat while I’m cleaning my house, because they spur inspiration. I’ll have a stack of Post-it Notes available and jot clips of dialogue down or ideas.

Sometimes though, there will be a character who has a theme song. Hurt by Sevendust was one I listened to like crazy while writng Control You. It was the theme song to Cameron Green’s life. 



Blaire. I was always the studious bookworm. I often worry too much, too.


I think this is one of the best things about this new genre, the boundaries are blurred so heavily on all sides that it’s hard to push them into something deemed as “too much”. There are no standard rules yet etched into stone. It’s still all a matter of the author and reader’s opinion.



It was something I decided on beforehand. There are two sides to every story, and I felt why not tell them at once. In 2012 I released The Unloved, which was written in duel POV’s. The process for writing that novel was wonderful, and I wanted to have a similar experience when writing this series as well. Also, I enjoy writing from the male POV. A lot. 

I know asking an author to choose a favorite character, is like asking a parent to choose between their children, but if you had to choose between Jason, Cameron, and Ian who would be your pick for a love interest. 

Cameron. Hands down. There was just something about him right from the start I couldn’t get enough of. He was cocky, outspoken, and arrogant, but it was the soft center that pulled me to him.

Out of all the guy characters I’ve ever had the pleasure of writing, Cameron is my favorite. His introduction to Paige in Control You was the very first snip of dialogue from him that popped into my head. From that moment on, I knew he would be freaking hilarious and sexy!


Cameron Green - Zac Efron. I don’t need to say another word!

Paige Jacobs - Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl. She was mean on the show, but it’s her look that reminds me of Paige.

Blaire Hayes – Alexis Bledel. She’s so sweet looking.

Jason Bryant – Matt Lanter. Those eyes!

Lauren Myers – Hayden Panettiere. She’s got the cool vibe and sexy voice like Lauren.

Ian Mason – Bradley Cooper. The hair makes him the perfect Ian.




After Wreck You’s release June 3 there will be (as of this moment) one more novel in the Coldcreek Series. I haven’t talked much about it yet, but yesterday I did mention on my author Facebook page I was editing it. I posted a picture with Eva’s name below the chapter heading. So for all you Eva fans from Control You, she’s getting her own book!


Steph Campbell. Whether she’s writing solo or with someone, her books always amaze me. John Green. Anne Rice. Jessica Sorenson. Colleen Hoover. Tracey Garvis Graves.


Cameron Green ;)


The Hunger Games.


On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves. One of my favorite novels ever!


I’ve always wrote, whether it was in the pages of a journal or simply funny poems in my head. Writing is a part of who I am. It always has been. As for deciding to publish, that was a dream I’d had for myself since I was a small child. I’d always enjoyed reading others stories, and thought it would be awesome to publish a novel of my own one day. 

I got rejected from agents, but I then I learned about self-publishing and decided to give it a try. I haven’t looked back. May 15, 2011 Shattered Soul was released into the world, and now, nearly three years later, I’ve released ten novels, two novellas, and one short story. Wreck You will be number eleven! Whatever it was that nudged me in this direction I’m grateful for.



Jennifer Snyder lives in North Carolina were she spends most of her time writing New Adult and Young Adult Fiction, reading, and struggling to stay on top of housework. She is a tea lover with an obsession for Post-it notes and smooth writing pens. Jennifer lives with her husband and two children, who endure listening to songs that spur inspiration on repeat and tolerate her love for all paranormal, teenage-targeted TV shows.



Win (1) ebook copy of any of Jennifer Snyder's books. Winner's choice (INT)





No comments:

Post a Comment