Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series #1) by Heidi McLaughlin


Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series #1)
by Heidi McLaughlin
302 pages
Publisher: Bandit Publishing Company
Release Date: December 27th 2012
Rate: Enjoyed it (4 gorjuss dolls)

Synopsis:
I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 
I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 
And now I’m going back. 
After ten years. 
I hope I can explain that after all this time. 
I still want her to be my forever girl.


"Hey, Jojo?” he yells.
“Yeah.” I yell back.
“I’m going to marry you someday."

Forever My Girl broke my heart from the very first page. How the story begins is simply sad: the main characters are one of those couple whose love last forever, but they broke up because Liam wanted to be a rock star. Then, after ten years they are reunited because Liam's best friend's dead, leaving two cute little girls and a wife, who also happens to be Josie's best friend, alone.
This story is full of regret, drama, love and second chances. It made my heart broke and I cried a little. Okay, I simply cried. But I would read it all over again.

Liam's the perfect rock star character who wants to make it right this time. He didn't know that he had a kid with Josie, who thanks to someone he never got the change to meet until now. Josie's a sweet and good girl whose heart was broken by the only guy she'd every truly love. She's also a great mother. Nick is now Josie's boyfriend, and in high school was always in love with her, so when Liam left he got his chance. And I simply dislike him. It can be 'cause I'm team Josie and Liam.

“You don’t get to come in here and demand answers, Liam. You’ve been off playing rock star. You’re the famous Liam Page. You left this,” I spread my arms around and point to myself. “You left me. There’s no room for you here.”

Liam has the change to do things right and thinks about his decisions the past ten years. Josie, on the other hand, has to deal with the fact that she has a new, stable and healthy relationship with a good man, but can't help but have the same feelings for Liam as ten years ago. Although she's not willing to have her heart broken all over again. And this time by the rockstar version of Liam.

"I only have eyes for one woman, period … When I saw you, I knew I had made a mistake. I should have never left or at least come back for you. My life is better with you in it, Josie. I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize that."

My favorite character was Josie and Liam's kid, Noah. He's simply the best. He's sweet, a good boy and completely understands everything. And even better, he wants Liam and Josie together, so he uses all his kid power to meet his father, and try to have his parents together in the process.

What I didn't like was Liam's excuse to leave Josie. If you have that kind of feelings for someone, you don't freak out like that and leave like that. It's a humanly thing: screw things up, and Liam did. So it's totally understandable Josie's attitude when he comes back wanting her and their kid. 

Grieving was another common thing in this book. Not only by Josie and Liam's friend death, but because there's a possibility that these two might not get their happily ever after. And it's just that what makes you devour all the pages until you know if these two end up together or not. So, yes, when you finish this book, you have so many feelings that you just need to think about them for a while before starting another book.

I highly recommend this book if you are a New Adult romance lover like me. The Beaumount series are simply mind-blowing and the Beaumount guys shows us that there's always time for second chances, even if you screwed it up badly. And you would be beyond please with the whole story!



 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg



Heidi is the author of USA Today, Digital Book World, Amazon and Barnes & Noble Bestselling novel, Forever My Girl

Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell and two Parakeets.

During the day Heidi is behind a desk talking about Land Use. At night, she's writing one of the many stories planned for release or sitting court-side during either daughter's basketball games.



No comments:

Post a Comment