Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow #3) by Rachel Morgan


The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow #3) 
Rachel Morgan
334 pages
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Release Date: October 21st 2013
Rate: Loved it



I have to confess that after finishing the second book in the Creepy Hollow series I was afraid. Well, to be more accurate, I had a hard time reading the last pages of the second book. I knew what was going to happen and was all too devastating.
However, I also have to say, that I was beyond anxious to know what was going to happen, finally! And I am definitely team Ryn, so I wanted to know everything related to Violet and Ryn and Creepy Hollow.
At the beginning of the story, Violet doesn't remember anything, and gets to see the devastation of what was before a forest, her home. It was really sad, both parts: for Violet not being able to remember a thing and for the forest. I pictured myself, thanks to the other two books, what Creepy Hollow was like and couldn't imagine that being burnt. 

"The forest is dead. Silence makes the air feel heavy. No movement stirs beneath the blackened leaves and twigs that litter the ground.. The trees left standing are naked. Even the sunlight filtering through the skeletal branches is dull and weak. I wish I could remember what it looked like before."

Once again, Rachel Morgan did an excellent job. Reading her books is easy and you jump into the story, being one more character in Violet's life. Without knowing what's happening, you can easily finish the book in one day and want more! And the only thing that makes me truly sad is that this book was the final one in the Creepy Hollow series. I feel like it could go on forever and I couldn't complain! I am definitely on team (if exists) "I-want-more-Creepy-Hollow".

"You will stop at nothing to rid the world of his evil because you have everything to make up for."

As I said, The Faerie War is the last book in the series, so everything is more on edge. Violet needs to defeat Lord Draven, she has no memory and, most important (for me), she doesn't remember Ryn! Why? How could you, girl?! 
I loved their relationship and were heartbroken when Violet didn't remember a thing, including my her beloved Ryn. Despite this we get to forgive her because Ryn's on a mission to find the weapon that would save them all. And he hasn't lost his memory like Violet, but he doesn't know if she's alright or even alive. But I cannot tell you more, because I am afraid I'll do some massive spoiler.

"You're telling me I have to win your heart all over again?"
I shrug. "I guess."

Back to the story, The Faerie War is a mixture of good versus evil, having the final and brutal battle everyone's expecting since the second book to happen. In the middle of this chaos, Rachel Morgan creates a romantic relationship making it even better, if that was possible.

"The kiss only lasts a few seconds, but my brain has time to register several things:
Once, his lips are softer that I expected. Two, the eerie, hypnotic melody clears from my mind, and the sounds around me seem to dim for a moment. And three, the adrenaline spike I wish was running through him right now, jolting him awake from his enchanted lethargy, seems to be shooting through my own body."

I am definitely re-reding this book until I know every word! And I highly recommend it to you. 
Because it's an epic fantasy story worth reading it, we are giving to The Faerie War five gorjuss dolls and telling you, Book Addicts, that this is a must read book. And that if you haven't read the other two books, this is the perfect chance now that you have the whole series available. You are gonna love it!





 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


 
 


Rachel Morgan was born in South Africa and spent a large portion of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making. After completing a degree in genetics, she decided science wasn’t for her—after all, they didn’t approve of made-up facts. These days she spends much of her time immersed in fantasy land once more, writing fiction for young adults.

When she isn't writing, she's reading (duh!), catching up on addictive TV series, and baking things that almost always include chocolate.







No comments:

Post a Comment